Why Modular is Green
Modular construction is an environmentally-conscious choice for the construction industry. Modular construction is inherently more sustainable than traditional site-built construction due to:
- Minimal waste due to precise material accounting, measurement, and recycling
- Reduced environmental pollutants from transportation and construction materials
- Shorter build time
- Use of certain materials and components that are Energy-Star, Green Seal, FSC-certified along with other appropriate sources.
- Buildings almost completely reusable and designed for that purpose, if desired.
- Minimal site disruption
LEED® Certified Projects
Palomar and our manufacturing affiliate Guerdon aspire to be the leaders in providing LEED (R)certified modular projects. Modular construction offers a unique opportunity to combine the sustainable practices and materials inherent in the modular process with today’s emphasis on green construction methods and healthier buildings. We have access to LEED® accredited professionals to work with you to identify and incorporate the elements needed within your project to meet the LEED® certification requirements under the following categories:
- Energy and Atmosphere
- Materials and Resources
- Indoor Environmental Quality
- Innovation and Design
- Regional Priority